Hon'ble Mr. Justice Ajai Lamba, Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court.
Justice Ajai Lamba (born 21st September, 1958) is an Indian Judge. Presently, he is the Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court, Guwahati. He is a former Judge of Allahabad High Court and also a former Judge of Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Born on 21st September, 1958, he graduated with Honours Degree in English from Government College, Sector 11, Chandigarh and joined the L.L.B. Course in Panjab University, Chandigarh. He enrolled as an Advocate in 1981 at BAR. He practised law on civil, criminal and revenue side as well as cases relating to Labour Law, Company Law, Service Law and The Constitution of India. He was elevated as Judge of Punjab and Haryana High Court on 22 March 2006 and was transferred to Allahabad High Court on 9 December 2011. He was then elevated as the Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court, Guwahati on 7th October 2019. Currently, he is the Hon’ble Patron-in-Chief of the Mizoram State Legal Services Authority.
Hon'ble Mr. Justice Ujjal Bhuyan, Sitting Judge, Gauhati High Court.
Born on 2nd August, 1964 at Guwahati. His father Shri Suchendra Nath Bhuyan is a Senior Advocate and a former Advocate General of Assam. Did his schooling in Don Bosco High School, Guwahati and thereafter studied in Cotton College, Guwahati. After graduating in Arts from Kirori Mal College, Delhi, he obtained his LL.B. degree from the Government Law College, Guwahati and the LL.M. degree from the Gauhati University, Guwahati.
He was enrolled on 20-03-1991 with the Bar Council of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh. Had practiced before the Principal Seat of the Gauhati High Court at Guwahati and appeared before the Agartala, Shillong, Kohima and Itanagar Benches of the Gauhati High Court. Also practiced before the Central Administrative Tribunal, Guwahati Bench and the Assam Board of Revenue. Appeared before the Labour Court, Guwahati, various Civil Courts and the State Consumer Forum, Arunachal Pradesh.
He was the Junior Standing Counsel of the Income Tax Department since May, 1995 and was subsequently appointed as the Senior Standing Counsel of the Income Tax Department on 03-12-2008. He was the Additional Government Advocate, Meghalaya in the Principal Seat of the Gauhati High Court from April, 2002 to October, 2006. He was engaged as Special Counsel of the Forest Department, Government of Arunachal Pradesh for cases relating to encroachment of Reserved Forests from December, 2005 to April, 2009. Appointed as Standing Counsel of the Gauhati High Court on 03-03-2010.
Designated as Senior Advocate by the Gauhati High Court on 06-09-2010.
He was appointed as Additional Advocate General, Assam on 21-07-2011.
He was a member of Gauhati High Court Bar Association, Lawyers Association, Guwahati, Bar Association of India, All India Federation of Tax Practitioners and Indian Law Institute, Assam Chapter. Appointed as an Additional Judge of Gauhati High Court on 17th October, 2011.
He is the Honb`le Executive Chairman of Mizoram State Legal Services Authority
Mr. VANLALENMAWIA, Member Secretary
1. Full name VANLALENMAWIA 2. Name of Father PACHHINGA 3. Name of wife/husband LALROHLUI SAILO 4. Place of birth (Village/Town) GUWAHATI, ASSAM 5. Date of joining Mizoram Judicial Service 29th December, 2011 6. Educational Qualifications B.A., LL.B. 7. Various post held in the previous 1) Headmaster. ME School, Saitsama, Jaintia Hills District, Megahlaya (1987-88)
2) Teacher, Bungkawn High School, Aizawl (1988-90)
3) Inspector of Taxes, Taxation Dept. Mizoram (1990-97)
4) Apprentice for Advocate (1997-98)
5) APP & AGA, District Court Aizawl (1998-2000)
6) Advocate, District Court & Gauhati High Court, Aizawl Bench (1999-2011)
7) Addl. District & Sessions Judge, Lunglei (2012-2015)
8) Addl. District & Sessions Judge, Aizawl (23rd Jan, 2015 - 4th Dec, 2017)
8. Present post and Designation MEMBER SECRETARY, MIZORAM STATE LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY 9. Date of posting to the present post 12th January, 2018